Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Worth A Snogging? OR A FLOGGING?!?!? (Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging)

Louise Rennison takes you back to the awkward age of 14, in the life of cute quirky and funny Georgia Nicholson, where you second guess everything you do... overanalyze.... feel like a pimple must be the end of the world! You makeout with the back of your hand to feel what it must be like to kiss. You realize that looks are everything and you must have a uni-brow and the hugest nose ever. Your parents are weird, they definitely shouldn't kiss, and they sure as heck don't know how you feel. 
I will say being that Georgia is born and raised in England she does speak some English slang/ or maybe they're just words this American girl is like "huh? what does that mean?" but fear not!, it only adds to the raw hilarious feeling you get in your gut while you connect with Georgia and her thoughts. And if you're really unsure, there's a dictionary in the back!! 
I read some of the series back in high-school and loved them. Picking this book back up now, I was curious and a bit skeptical as to how I'd feel comparatively. But I'll tell you right now.... although I may connect with it differently than I did back then it still makes me laugh and is such a fun read. And if I had a daughter I would absolutely set up a book club for all mothers and daughters and have this on the list. Growing up is tough but if you can find some humor and laugh about the ups and downs do it! A must read for all ages! Kiss approved! :*** 3/5
-D-

No comments:

Post a Comment