Sunday, January 12, 2014

Giving Up? Or Giving It To God?!?!

Praying For Your Future Husband (Preparing Your Heart for His) by Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer

 

These women have a way of so eloquently bringing prayer and thankfulness to any circumstance regarding the male species and plain and simply giving it to God.

This isn’t a how to get the guy… it’s not how to lose a guy in ten days…. It’s a devotional of praying and giving it all to God, letting him decide what is right for you and for his glory.

I love Robin and Trish’s stories along with the other women’s stories as well that are sprinkled throughout. It hits home knowing these women aren’t perfect… they don’t have perfect stories… some have been single for years and years but they’re happy, content with what God has blessed them with. That’s what it’s all about. Accepting what God decides for your life.

I think it’s a must read for the single women of this world… too much society pressures us to just be with someone etc. I’d say any teen on up who can handle discussions about sex, abortion, dating, and marriage need to read this. I didn’t read this looking for how to get a man but I really had never thought praying for your to be husband was something you could do. It intrigued me. So I read it. There was so much to take from this book. And I feel more at peace and content in my own relationship with God by giving him everything in my life… my thoughts, my wishes, desires, my concerns.

If you’re a single woman… give it a shot.

Kiss approved :***** 5/5

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment