Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Beautiful Mess? Or Evil Thoughts?!?!?!

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. Sit back and relax... but be ready to hold on to your seats!!!! As I was reading this in the beginning it felt a little jet laggedy... Like a slow start to a movie, however by a few chapters in the wind was whipping through my hair, I didn't want to sleep, or eat (let me say I love food.. so that's big ;) ).  You're flying in the action up into the night reading. And when your body can't take the lack of sleep anymore your brain doesn't want to rest because it's going crazy wondering what's going to happen, it's left begging for more. 
Now if you're not one for paranormal, mystery, romance, death, ghosts, magic etc... I would probably dissuade you from reading this and say to check out some other book. HOWEVER, that being said if you are it's a must read! 
Halfway through I was dying to read the next one. I wanted to figure out what was going to happen. It's one of those stories you get lost into that you want to reach in and become part of these women's words, the world that they creates. You want to meet each of their characters because you love them just as much as you were meant to. 
I was introduced to this book through a coincidental conversation. I was talking to a friend about this new movie that was coming out in theaters and how I desperately wanted to see it. Said friend informed me that this movie (Beautiful Creatures) was based off of a book. Now anyone that knows me knows that I must read the book before seeing the movie! But it's almost a catch 22..... Now I'm scared to watch the movie because I'm not sure the characters in my head will be anything close to the actors/actresses. haha. 
Buuuut now that I have finished the book I am in a flurry of oh my gosh's and what's going to happen next's. I don't know if I'm surprised at the ending it only made sense to give a hint as to what was going to happen with Lena..... but they just reiterated the question I was dying to know and that there was more drama to come. The only thing I'm worried about is that the story may lose its essence of magic. How long can they draw out Ethan and Lena's story? I don't want it to fall into just a love story between the two seeing as how all the mystery and thrills and chills were in the first. They have their bar set high so I guess I will just have to read on and see!!!! 
kiss approved :**** 4/5
-D- 

No comments:

Post a Comment