Monday, May 20, 2013

Beautiful Darkness? Or An Unappealing Light?!?!? Beautiful Darkness-

Beautiful Darkness... the second book to Beautiful Creatures. By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl..........
I had previously stated. QUOTE-UNQUOTE "The only thing I'm worried about is that the story may lose its essence of magic. How long can they draw out Ethan and Lena's story? I don't want it to fall into just a love story between the two seeing as how all the mystery and thrills and chills were in the first."   ehem* clearing my throat.... I take it back.... 
Even though Ethan and Lena's story continues. It is so much more than just their love story. It's all of the characters. I'm swept up into their world and quite honestly... I don't want to leave. I'm not sure if any of you out there are like this but I have fallen in love with the characters from a story... And as fast as I'm reading this series I will soon be done. It's almost like losing a friend, or in this case friends. How could you come to care about all of these menacing dark personas and yet in them you find light... as it says in the book. "In darkness there is light. In light there is darkness." 
But let's get down to it now that we can all see how completely mesmerized and infatuated I've become over these books: It's even MORE thrilling and enticing that the first with all of its twists and turns. We are drawn deeper into the tunnels that lay beneath what we thought Gatlin was.... We follow Ethan on a hard and trying journey against time and darkness to save the one he loves. 
I'm scared to read the third but so far they have shot over and beyond my expectations. And although I'm not to sure about how I feel about what happened to Link and Ridley... The ending left me on the edge of my seat.. popcorn still en route to my mouth... and as I turned the last page and saw that there was no more to read of this book..... My popcorn went flying. I jumped up in anger thinking 'I cannot believe this...'. And yet my heart was screaming with joy There's More!!! There's More!!!!!! ;) interested???? Read On!
-D- 
kiss approved :****  4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment