Sunday, June 2, 2013

Beautiful Chaos- Beautiful Chaos? Or An Ugly Jumble!?!?! & Beautiful Redemption- An Ending Worth Finishing? Or The Beginning Of A Lecture!?!?!?!

(Well we've got a two for one tonight!!!! :) That being said onto the next, hopefully wonderful, book I go.)
Well.... deeper down the tunnels we go. It seems with each book the story gets a bit darker, sucking us a little deeper into the Caster world. Which is absolutely not a bad thing. However... if you're a parent or just someone who doesn't think Harry Potter is something you would allow your children/yourself  to read... you need to look into another book series. This book series defies the laws of "safe" imagination. Which some people aren't alright with or don't believe one should read. But that's alright. To each their own I say. This story is just a story, as dark and tantalizing as it may be, I find it amazing. I'm not running around trying witchcraft or whatever, it's just as fun of a read as Harry Potter.... I wanted you all to be aware if you prescreen what you or your children or whomever for that matter may be reading; because I do respect that side of the point of view as well..... That being said Onward :) !
The tight knit circle has only grown in this book and even though there are many characters, they have introduced them throughout... you feel as though you're part of the community, it's rather simple to keep them down and separate. It's a mystery just screaming to be solved, keeping you on your toes the whole way. I slowed down through this book because I just don't want it to end :( It is a must read! 
kiss approved -D- :**** 4/5


Well my friends... it is a sad day in the neighborhood... I had put it off for as long as I could because I didn't want to leave this town of Gatlin. I didn't want to leave Link, Ethan, Lena, Amma, Macon.. NONE of them... It just sucks lol 
I didn't want this series to end but the Caster Chronicles has come full circle. I'm not sure yet if I was a fan of the book switching between Ethan's and Lena's point of view but quite honestly I don't think there was any other way it could've been done. As slow as I tried to read and as long as I tried to draw it out, it was merely impossible. I would huff and puff and the people around me would ask, "What's wrong." I'd just pout and reply, "Oh I'm on such and such chapter... I'm that much closer to the end and I'm sad. I don't want it to end." In which most cases they looked at me with a raised eyebrow and shook their head but a few of my avid readers pouted with me in understanding haha. 
I loved that there was a moral to the end of this book but I don't think it needed to be spelled out for us the way it was.... I think it was already embedded throughout no need to dumb it down for us. It's the readers choice whether or not they want to take something from a book literally or if they just want to read for pure enjoyment and entertainment. At least that's what I think. 
That being said it kept me on my toes... I swear if it were true I'd have the strongest calf muscles right now. But I will say at the very end it was a little sappy. I did love the ending but if I'm being real... it's a bit sappy. 
I can't believe it's done!!!!!! It was a brilliant series. I'm so glad I read them! They were all so farrrrr from disappointing and close to epic. All of the books were just as intense as the first and exceeded my expectations...Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl have done it again!
this series is KISS APPROVED 
:***** 5/5
-D-

No comments:

Post a Comment