Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Love Story? OR A Tragic Ending?!?!?! Carrie Nyman-Why Aren't You Sweet Like Me?

Carrie writes us a love story based on her own grandparents! How neat first off. I've always thought of writing stories based on people I know and stories they've told me. Some of the most interesting things I've heard, that I can't even believe is real, have been from real people I've met or know(n). She takes us into love within the heart of World War II. 
The innocence of the characters and the simplicity way of life back then is so refreshing. Not that it was necessarily easier but I feel as though this world gets caught up into things that aren't tangible... that don't really matter in the end. It's a good book to curl up with on a winters night or on vacation. I liked that she based the novel on her family even though she may have changed pats here or there it makes it even more of a great book and story within itself. 
There are a few grammatical errors but it doesn't hinder the story. It started out for me at a slow pace. I wasn't sure if I was falling in love with the characters to the point where I couldn't put the book down. But toward the middle and for sure in the end I can feel the emotion and passion within her story and I didn't want it to end. I'm glad I kept reading. 
I think the voices of the characters are pretty awesome. We get distinct accents, which at times I had to go back and read to understand but it wasn't frustrating, it actually made me giggle because I could just about hear what these people were saying. And I love me some accents. I can listen to people with unique accents speak all day. 
It's a heartwarming story, unique. It makes you humble in how blessed we each truly are in how medicine and life has progressed. It makes us grateful for the family and friends, the love that surrounds us and is undying. 
Kiss approved :*** 3/5
-D-

No comments:

Post a Comment