Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tender? Or Too Intense?!?!? Tenderness by Dorothy Garlock

At first when my grandma handed this over to me and told me to read it, that it was a really good book, I said suuuuure. But I will admit it sat around for a couple of weeks. The cover to me (sorry grandma love you) looks like a grandma cover! It looks like something I would never ever pick up in the library or a book sale for that reason alone. Ya know how they say don't judge a book by its cover... gaaah I'm trying ok, but this one, it just looks lame to me. Boy was I wrong :( 
So anyway I finally picked it up and was shocked at how good it was... Grandma you were right. xoxo.
I really did enjoy this book. If you like mystery, adventure, thrilling-bound in a love story well you'd better pick it up. But beware this is set back in the time when the first Ford cars were just being invented. I have to be in the mood for that era but it's a really great read. I like taking trips back in time sometimes like that. When courting people meant coming to their house to talk or taking a walk and love was at times found at first sight before even getting to know them. It's just insane how different the world was back then comparably to now. 
That being said I like that Jesse, our loving heroine, is a dedicated, patient, sweet nurse. And then comes in the mountain man with a beard who is rough around the edges and we aren't sure wether he's good or bad. I have a thing for men with beards what can I say. It's sexy! 
It was a really nice read that made me feel like I was being courted by a knight in shining armor. It was full of chivalry and honor. 
I will say the only part I didn't care for was at the very end. A small 'love' scene... that I found unnecessary but it was whatever. Over all..... kiss approved!!!
;**** 4/5
-D-

p.s I know it's taken me a few to get this read and reviewed. I do apologize I've been trying to balance work and trying to be healthy by working out and being a woman of the house with cooking and cleaning and pheeeewie.. I don't know how all you women and men that do that daily make it look so easy. I get so worn out. But as I said please forgive me, I'll try to be better at getting books read and posted. As always: Read On!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment