Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Killing? Or A Slow Torture?!?!?! First Grave On The Right by Darynda Jones




When my friend from work told me about this book series she definitely peaked my interest... the next day she hands the first three books to me. 
YIPEEE!!! 
For all you lovers of books you'll probably understand this but it's like someone gave me a box of chocolates! <3 Instead of my mouth watering, my brain was ready to read! Now, when I read the back of the book :/ that was a different story. It honestly was kind of a turn off. But needless to say I gave it a chance and instantly fell in love with the grim reaper... aka, our lovely heroine of the story, Charley Davidson. 
This book is something I can see being made into a t.v. series. ABC family... someone... get on this!!!!!! I'd like Nina Dobev (Elena Gilbertson from vampire diaries) to be Charley Davidson... and Ian Somerhalder (Damon Salvador from vamp diaries) as Reyes. PLEASE someone back me up on this!@#*
Anywho! This book is SVU meets paranormal which I believe they did do a tv series somewhat like this... that was called the Dead Files?.. but I highly doubt it even came close to how this book made me feel. I was hooked as soon as I started reading. It's funny and witty, thrilling and mysterious, sexy and tempting. Oh I just loved it ok!?
It keeps you on your toes and keeps you guessing like any good murder mystery does. So if you like some romance, some sarcasm, some murder mystery, some paranormal... allll mixed in one check it out!
I only hope it doesn't get any more harlequinny... I've decided I'm more of a PG13 girl. And this book wasn't bad at all so don't get me wrong. But I can get the hint that he wants her, and she has sex with him, lalalala, without any lady or maley parts being mentioned...sometimes I'm a sissy haha but Don't let it frighten you off. It was mentioned like twice throughout the whole book, no biggie. 
Just going on a I want to have an innocent read rave. LOL 
Kiss aaaaprooved ;**** 4/5
-D-

No comments:

Post a Comment