Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Angelic? OR Demonic?!?!? Angelfall by Susan Ee

How is it that I seem to be picking sequels... trilogies... or a series of books lately?!?!?! NOT only does this book have a second, I have to wait until NOVEMBER 19th!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Can you tell it was a pretty good one yet? ;)
When most of us think of the Apocalypse we don't really think about angels... But Susan Ee paints a haunting scene where angels have brought the Apocalypse to Earth, and humans are on the brink of extinction. I couldn't put this book down it was so captivating... so intense... so thrilling!
Now if you don't like Apocalyptic books or envisioning blood, guts, sci-fi creatures.. this isn't the book for you, you may want to find something a bit more peaceful. Don't be too scared, the blood and guts isn't dripping from the book but let's just say while I was reading, at around 80% of the way through last night, I was eating some delicious flavored popcorn and had to set it down. I had to physically cover my mouth, gasp, groan, and shake my head at what was going on. 
My boyfriend looked at me in concern asking if I was alright? 
"I'm fine I just can't believe this is happening?!?!?!" I frowned as I looked into his eyes for answers.... quickly spouting off a few things that were happening. And this is where his eyebrows crease in concern and disgust at what I just told him, but I dive instantly back into the book. 
I'm sad I finished it so quickly, I can't believe I have to wait until Nov! If you like Apocalyptic or sci-fi tales.... you MUST read this!!!! Some compared it to Hunger Games but I think it holds its own against the novel. It is full of emotion, adventure, destruction, friendships, family, loss, and strength. I can only hope Susan Ee makes the second so very real and exciting. Kiss aaaapproved!! :***** 5/5
-D-

No comments:

Post a Comment