Monday, August 12, 2013

A Seer? Or A Fake!?!?!?! Glimpse by Stacey Wallace Benefiel

How can this book go from middle school mentality to I wrap my arms around someone and arch my back for my first kiss?! PFFFFFT YEAH RIGHT! Sorry but you can't go form nothing-innocence to I'm going to wrap my fingers in his hair and kiss him hard on the mouth.... *roll my eyes* I think for most of us out there our first kiss was beautiful in the sense we were naiive and nervous and scared of what to/not do. "Oh Good GRIEF"
It's sad that this book is so juvenilely written... I had some hopes... and there are so many tidbits that have a lot of potential... ideas that could really make something for themselves. Instead I feel like I'm in an episode of Full House (which I do love however... I feel) that tries to meet The Butterfly Effect..... Needless to say it doesn't mesh well.
The characters are highly undeveloped and as soon as you think you may be connecting with one of them they lose their humanity and feel so far from real it's difficult to read on. They aren't even slightly relatable as a whole to oneself, their emotions are rushed and fabricated.
You don't mix religion and the supernatural... at least in the way they did... as a writer if you choose to break the rules of society/the world you must manipulate situations, characters, plot, emotions so carefully... it's an art... you must make me feel it.... make it believable....
It was as if the author was in such a hurry puzzle pieces were shoved where they really didn't belong.
 I wish it would've been more, I really do... but sad enough to say I won't be approving this book or looking onto its counterparts to see what happens.

-D- 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment