Sunday, August 4, 2013

Piracy? Or A Great Booty?!?!?! Cursed Pirate Girl By Jeremy A Bastian Vol 1

A cool, unique, graphic novel for a younger, imaginative, and adventurous generation! It reminded me of Pirates of the Carribean but with a young girl trying to find her pirate father. It's lots of action packed adventure. From being thrown to sea to sneaking onto pirate ships and sword fights, Cursed Pirate Girl is sure to grab your attention from the start.
You could spend a great amount of time taking in the minute detailing of the scenery and characters throughout in the pictures throughout this novel. He's a really talented artist. It was a quick fun read for me... it was my first graphic novel!!!!!!! I would definitely read the second vol to see what happens though. I would say it was a success!
I must say that I loved at the end of the book how there were stories/tales being told from many different people about the Cursed Pirate Girl. The art that was portrayed for each persons tale was sooo cool, I really liked it! I can't really tell you anything bad, or criticize it much because like I said it was my first graphic novel. But I'd read another one for sure. I will say again I think it's written for younger girls in their teen/tweens, but a fun read nonetheless :)

kiss approved :*** 3/5

-D-

No comments:

Post a Comment