Sunday, December 22, 2013

To Give Up? Or Keep Going?! Is God Really In Control by Jerry Bridges

Is God Really In Control By Jerry Bridges

I think all of us regardless of our religion or what we do or do not believe in come across trying/devastating times and circumstances where we ask why.. how... times where we don't understand.... Sometimes we get to the point where all we want to do is throw in the towel and just give up.
Lately I had been in that exact position... I can't begin to explain the pain, the deceit, the pure confusion I've been treading through within the last few months...

I luckily have some amazing people in my life that have surrounded me in their love and concern and happiness... and even beyond that I have my faith.

I have God and I have thrown myself into this book and the word of God. and although it doesn't give me the why's... it doesn't give me the answers in to my problems or to everything, and it sure as hell hasn't taken away all the pain... but it has brought comfort.. peace.. love.

I enjoyed this book/devotional from beginning to end. Some of it reiterated things I already knew.. but there was quite a bit I didn't and a lot that I was able to take and learn from in its entirety.

It is a must read for those of us who cry out why and for those of us who have doubts from all the tragedies and personal adversities in this world and in our own lives.

I loved how Jerry pulled excerpts from other books and some highly known figures to back up these truths. And at the end of each chapter there are discussion questions. (For the most part I enjoyed them, it brought all I read home and I was able to reflect on each section.)

I sincerely look forward to reading more by him.
Kiss approved. :***** 5/5

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment