Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sand? Or Just A Thing Of Dirt?!?!?! Sand By Hugh Howey


Sand by Hugh Howey 

Certainly a slow start, as sand itself moves sometimes. I was quite leery if I would even be able to get into this story and connect with these people. 
It honestly took a few weeks for me to get very far between life and not being drawn into this book... but suddenly the tides changed and I was swept away into this world of sand and sand divers even when I didn't understand what Hugh meant with certain words or phrases. I couldn't tear myself away from knowing what was going to happen. 
Beautifully written in irony, idioms, similes, and prose. I was taken aback at how intricate every part of the characters' stories were intertwined with sand. This book ties itself to each character's view point within this post-apocalyptic type of world. 
Prepare to be thirsty in this desert world for more!!! 
kiss approved :**** 4/5
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment